Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Give that Girl a Prize

Today's post is brought to you in part by Pregnancy Brain, the very real phenomenon of the shrinking of your brain that occurs when you are pregnant and, so I've heard, continues after you give birth, leaving you not able to remember simple things, struggling for words and forgetting shit all the time.

Yesterday, I was to leave work, pick up Ben's car in Cambridge, drive home, lie down for a bit and then drive back to Mt. Auburn hospital to meet Ben and go to Meet the Midwives night where we'd also get to do a tour of the hospital.

At 3pm, I headed out of my building, walked down the steps, out of the yard, headed left and pulled my bus pass out of my wallet. Took the escalators down into the T station, waited for the bus, happily got a seat and pulled out my book and started to read. For a moment I had a thought, of "wow, I'm glad to read, for some reason I had thought I wouldn't get to read on my way home."

Right.

So, I made it to past Porter Square (nearly half way home) before I realized I shouldn't have gotten to read on the way home. I should be in the frickin' car, DRIVING. Yeah, got off at the next stop, crossed Mass Ave and waited for a bus to take me back to Harvard Square where I also had a few moments of trying to recall where, exactly, Ben had told me he'd parked the car....

Ahhhh, me. Nothing like adding a half hour onto your commute home due to your own stupidity!

1 comment:

Kay Morgan said...

Hmmmm, this sounds a lot like menopause brain as well. . . maybe it started way back when!!!