We received many, many lovely gifts at the baby shower. And yet there was more baby swag that we needed to get life started for this little one.
About a week ago my nesting instinct connected with Sarah the planner and my need to get these things and be ready for her arrival went into hyperdrive. After a small meltdown to Ben about how much we still had to do, he suggested we make a list and start tackling it. Indeed, the man knows me well....
So, this weekend I have managed to order all the remaining necessities that will allow us to start life with this baby whenever she chooses to join us (Hopefully not before the 5-9 day shipping window Babies r Us gave us for the stuff I ordered today). At Target today we got newborn pampers and wipes, not too many 'cause who knows how big she'll be or how fast she'll grow, and from Best Buy a video camera. We thought we'd make her a welcome video soon and try to get some footage of her bomping around in my belly so she can watch herself someday. I also now have or have ordered, a boppy for breast feeding, towels for her tubs, a crib mattress, stroller, crib mattress pad and sheets, finger nail clippers, burp cloths, a baby book, diaper pail and on and on.
Earlier in the week I washed the clothes we were given, got it sorted by size and put away in the dresser. The room still has some setting up to do and we need to get the bookshelf ready for all the lovely books and toys we've been given and there's some stuff to be assembled, but that can happen whenever (and since I can't move anything and hate assembling things, I'm practicing letting go and will just be glad when it happens...).
So, there you have it. Ms Speedy-Ella-Sophie-Katherine-Davis can join us whenever she's fully cooked and my brain will not be spending time fretting about getting my baby nest all assembled and ready.
Now, about that quilt I want to make for her....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment