The dolls were something I'd saved to give to my daughter someday. Over the last 25 years they'd gotten mildewed in the basement so I brought them back to my house to clean them up. I chucked the clothes in a hot soapy solution to try and kill anything that might be growing on them. Then, I wiped the dolls down and rinsed them off. Imagine my surprise when the hair on one just disintegrated when water touched it!
I offer as evidence one Franken-Doll with a mohawk and bangs that is headed for the trash. The hair on the other one stayed intact, but is pretty ratty and nasty.

Maybe the Buddhists are on to something with this whole non-attachment thing. Just enjoy things in the moment and don't try to take them with you. Whatever synthetic material they are made of probably won't allow it anyway!
1 comment:
Dear Madwoman.....so sorry to see the disintegration of your doll's hair....It was definitely fun while it lasted. I'm more surprised that the clothes didn't disintegrate! I wonder what the mildew in the house is doing to my hair.....:)
Love, BigRed
Post a Comment