I realize it is only July 9, but I feel as though the summer is over. When I look ahead through the rest of July and August, life is pretty busy and after consulting our work calendars last night, it appears as though there is no time we can take a week off in August and most likely not even take a long weekend. July isn't much better. Life is just busy, I guess.
In theory I am working at my regular job on Tuesdays and Thursdays and then on campus Weds. afternoons to do consulting and teaching work. That means Mondays, Weds mornings and Fridays are free. It seems as though every week I end up with stuff to do and not just relaxing as I thought I would be. Don't get me wrong, the stuff to do is fun and I want to do it, but as I stare longingly at the quilt I cut out and the sweater for Speedy awaiting a button hole band I yearn to sit and watch a day-long marathon of What Not to Wear as I craft to my heart's content.
August, the time of vacation in New England is, for Ben, a time when work is ramping up. There are hearings every day of the month regarding legislation and for select ones he has to be the expert and needs to be on the bench prepared with info if it is needed. Sadly, the way they got scheduled his hearings are most often on Fridays and Mondays, and some weeks they are all week long. It is possible that the week long ones will end early and he could take a day off, but they won't know until they get into the hearing.
I'm done teaching the second week of August, but then I go to be a presenter at the NATS regional conference for three days where I'll teach two sessions of yoga for singers. Harvard students return to campus 3 weeks early this year, so there's no lollygagging about through labor day anymore. In the interest of getting lessons in before I pop, I'm starting to teach on August 31 and hope to do 7 or 8 lessons before baby comes.
On that, note, as an aside, tomorrow I'll be officially 6 months pregnant. Lest anyone doubt that, I have the popped out belly button, pregnant lady reflux, low back pain, spasming diaphragm on my right side and a possible hemmheroid, not to mention the kicking baby that likes to gear up at 10 at night and frequently have a little kick line in my belly at 3am as well. Ben says she's going to be a future soccer star. I'm going with Rockette.....
Ah, summer. The sun is starting to peek out from behind the clouds this morning which is a nice change after the torrential rains of the last 6 weeks. Rumor has it we may have a sunny weekend and oh, wouldn't that be nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment