Today I embarked on an age old tradition of going wedding dress shopping. With me, I took my mom, my best friend Kat and another dear, old (as in long term, not age-wise) friend, Lisa. We ventured to David's Bridal, a huge, off the rack bridal store where I knew I would not have to wait 3 months for a dress to be ordered.
Yesterday I did my due diligence and went on their website and marked my favorites so they would be pulled and ready at our appointment. Once we arrived at the store, my three companions immediately donned tiaras which they wore through the whole process. We were cracking up before I even put the first dress on. I will say that no other bridal group there had as much fun as we did trying on dresses.
As is no surprise to me, I loved the first dress which was the one I found first online to mark as a favorite. The second dress I tried on was one I hadn't seen online, but saw on a mannequin when I walked in. I loved that one too. All in all, I tried on about 15 gowns, but it came down to those two. The first was simple. It was very Sarah; some detail work, but overall just simple. The other just took it up a notch, like Sarah on a special day. It also was more than twice as expensive as the first. I tried on both multiple times and liked them for different reasons.
I want the feel of the wedding to be like a back yard barbeque/beachy type deal, not something super formal. So dress one seemed to fit that bill. We've planned on Ben wearing a blue blazer and khaki pants (much to my mother's horror, she thinks his pants should be white...) which would work well with the first dress. The second dress just made me have those little tingles of excitement. It was still very me, but also very elegant with lovely detailing and will probably look best with Ben in a suit. In the end, I went with the second dress. Ultimately, we played what the sales lady called paper doll with me wearing one dress and her holding the other one up in front of me so I could see immediately a comparison between the two. In the end I went with dress two.
It is now hanging about 10 feet away from me right now and it is super hard not to put it on and walk around in it.....it'll be torture to leave it in the bag until June.
I'll post a picture of me in it later, when my mom or Kat email them to me, but you can go here to see it online.
We also found fabric for the flower girl dresses that my mom and Aunt Pat are going to make.
Fun, fun, fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment