It is fun sharing space though I'm exercising my deep breathing to deal with the chaos that is the house. Two and a half rooms are sort of okay. The living room, the bedroom and the kitchen. I need to play in the kitchen a bit to make it more okay - we just have a lot of duplicates so there's a huge pile of stuff that will hopefully go to a needy family sooner rather than later and that will open up some space.
Poor Ben has been killing himself trying to get absolutely everything out of the apartment before we go to Maine tomorrow for the weekend. Personally, I'd take advantage of having 11 more days in the month to do it, but he's hell bent on finishing. So I leave him to it.
For the most part our stuff works nicely together and I give his mom much credit for that. She helped him to decorate his last place and that means he comes to me with no Dogs Playing Poker portraits or massive collections of beer steins. We do have an excessive number of books between the two of us, but so be it.
It will be interesting to see how we progress in the 'stuff' department. You see, I don't like stuff. I don't collect things, hang onto things, accumulate piles of things that aren't put away. I know there aren't many like me in the world, so it is a bit unrealistic to expect him to be that way too. Fortunately, I think he knows he is getting the Queen of Organization as his future wife and most of the time will be okay and I'll have to work on biting my tongue when the pile of clothes that I know are dirty are turned into the pile of 'I might wear it one more time'.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment