Tuesday, October 20, 2009

You how it is when you just don't need one more thing to do?

And of course, there is suddenly one more thing to do? This week is busy, though it is nearly the end. I've realized there are some things I would like to get done, along with those that must be done before the baby. So, this afternoon, I'm getting my haircut. Tomorrow afternoon I'm meeting with the pediatrician to be sure he's the one we want. Thursday afternoon I have my midwives check up. Friday afternoon I'm going to acupuncture so we can continue the 'move towards labor' stuff and work on relieving my back pain and improving my mood. Oh, and we had to take Ben's car in last night because it has suddenly started forming Lake Ontario behind the passenger seat whenever it rains and maybe it will be fixed today which will mean a trip right during the dinner hour (read: rush hour traffic) to pick it up, thus delaying dinner and pushing me close to a breakdown due to lack of food.

Each day, those activities mean I need to leave work right on time to catch the bus and get back home to get my car and head out to wherever I need to be.

Then, this morning, at 3am, I wake up and my eye hurts. I try to open it and find it glued together with ick. After stumbling into the bathroom, turning on the light and blinding myself, I finally am able to see enough out of my other eye to determine that there is copious redness, some swelling and a major amount of goop.

Great, an eye infection is sooooo just what I need right now. So, I dutifully call my primary care who can see me at noon today. But, that necessitates getting to their offices and back to campus in time to teach at 1. It is do-able as it is less than 2 miles away, but it is also amazing how much time that can take when dealing with both public transport and doctors who notoriously run behind.

So not what I needed to try and factor in to life today, but here it is, so I'm trying to deal and not just lose my poop over it.

And P.S. I'm now back from the doctor, but when I went to leave and walk into the bus station....they've closed it at that entrance due to filming a movie....arrrggghhh. I gave them a withering look that they'd make a 9 months pregnant woman walk to another entrance!!!

2 comments:

KGirl said...

Oh Honey, take a deep breath, know you are doing all the right things, screw the stuff that's out of your control (i.e. your boss being a moron and the bus entrance being closed) and tell people you need help right now. Only idiots will not pay attention when you say "help." :) Granted, there are some idiots in this world. But most of the rest of us are compassionate and will lend a hand. So, who can be your driver this week and next? Assign! If I were there, I would be your driver - Lord knows you've driven me around a few places in Boston when I needed a hand. :) Hang in there and I'm sending you a big hug!! xok

Sarah: said...

Thanks K. I'm almost through. Some days are just harder than others. Soon, though I will be on my bee-hind, relaxing and just waiting for this little one to arrive. 2 more days and counting til I never have to set foot in the basement again!