So, the time has nearly come for me to leave the basement. As a symbolic way to reflect my move above ground, I am thinking it might also be time for a new blog, yet to be named, that reflects the transition. No longer will I be writing from the basement, but likely from the comfy, sunny, spot at the dining room table, where the cat will inevitably be lounging next to me (I fail to shoo her off because I have accepted that she walks where she wants when we aren't around, why not let her do it when we are...) and the baby nestled quietly in her bouncy seat (one can dream right? Of course it might be a choice of cat or baby, as the cries of the newborn may send the cat into permanent residence in the basement).
I am ready to embrace this part of the change. It is not lost on me that just this day my boss emailed me to ask when my last day was. Well, let's see, I told you back in April that it was October 23...could you have written that down somewhere, or maybe just committed it to memory, or maybe demonstrated some interest in what's going on here, or asked me, even once, this fall how I'm doing, or could I use any help with anything, or assistance in getting ready to leave? Of course you couldn't because you are a self involved, self righteous ass. It is somewhat amazing to me, and probably more so to others that I've made it to my seventh year working for him. Really, that has happened because he sits in another building and I see him, on average, once a semester. We last saw each other the last Saturday in August at a meeting (yes, we had a meeting on a Saturday because what we do is oh so important that we all had to give up weekend time to be on campus...)
Wow, this post rapidly devolved into my feelings about the person I've worked for, rather than the fun of contemplating a new blog. Back to matters at hand. I'm going to mull over catchy titles and I'll let ya'll know when I've come up with something...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment