In an effort to survive the final months of this pregnancy with my dignity, emotions and marriage in tact, I'm opting to try and find moments of gratitude about life. Today's moment comes via my midwives appointment. I'll admit I always feel a sense of 'hmmmm' before I go. Usually because some test result will be awaiting me and, frankly, I'm growing this human being and assume all is going well, but since we can't see her, who knows and well, I am my mother's daughter, so my mind can easily run away with the worst case scenario.
Anyway, I went this morning, had gained only 1/2 a pound since my last appointment and found out my glucose levels were great, iron was great and my blood pressure was 100/60, all very, very good news. And thus, my gratitude for my body in doing exactly what it is supposed to do, responding totally normally to the baby being grown and doing its thang.
She also warned to be on the lookout for major belly expansion in the next two weeks as the kiddo will double in weight from 2.5 pounds to 5 pounds. Ooof, that's going to feel funky, I bet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment