Today was gestational diabetes screening day for me. For those unfamiliar, that means downing 10 ounces of pure glucose syrup in 5 minutes and having your blood drawn an hour later. I was dreading this. Often too much sugar often makes my stomach upset. I've heard the horror stories about how bad it tasted, how it made people barf.
I chugged it within 4 minutes and it did taste like the worst orange soda one could imagine. Then I sat and waited to go to my appointment and get my blood drawn. I could feel it move through my system, making my stomach do flip flops and speedy do an extra round of somersaults.
At 11:20 they took my blood, which will also test for anemia. I'll hear something only if the results require the second test which is a diagnostic as opposed to this which is just predictor.
Let's keep our fingers crossed that this all comes out a-o-kay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment