So, I'm fairly sure I'm getting kicked periodically by the girl inside me. It started a few days ago and sort of feels like a kernel of popcorn popping just below my belly button 3 or 4 times in a row throughout the day (like it just did now). Prior to this, I have felt lots of the buzzy business which I think must be her heartbeat as she moves out from under the placenta and comes near to a pelvic bone or some tissue that vibrates in response.
At first I wasn't sure. I think I was expecting the kind of kick a 7 pound baby would issue, not the kind a 7 ounce variety who is only 8 inches long might dispense with. It was so small you might miss it, but after the first time I started to pay attention.
Everything I read said sometimes it is hard to distinguish between early kicks and GI movement (read: Gas). Seriously. I admit to my fair share, okay more than my fair share, of the gassy business as Ben will attest to, but I can't say I have ever felt gas like this. In fact, I don't think I usually feel gas, it just exits when needed. Maybe once in a while when I try to be polite and hold it in, I might get a pain, but that's in a whole 'nother part of my body. Just another reason to not read much in the way of pregnancy literature I 'spose.
I hope this one just keeps on kickin' it in my uterus, but please, Baby Girl Speedy, try to avoid the kidneys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment