I laugh at those who take a year or more to plan their wedding. Silliness, really. Why, you can plan one in 3 months. If the stars are all aligned for you. It is funny how if you aren't someone who is into super fancy wedding industry wedding, the simple planning really is simple.
I'm feeling good about the wedding planning today. The big pieces are set: Church, Minister, Caterer, Tent/Tables/Chairs, Dress, Invites are designed, Save the Dates are Out, Cake Maker is Chosen, Floral Visits are Set up, Musicians are Hired, DJ is booked, Photographer lined up.
We are down to details, tablecloth rental, centerpiece decision, flower girl baskets, ring bearer pillow, guest book choice, shoes, buy the booze, disposable cameras. With only 3 weeks of school left, I'm hoping most of that can wait until May when I'm only working 2 days a week and can deal with small things.
I like what we've done. The ceremony still has to be totally fleshed out, but we totally lucked out having a summer arts resort around the corner from the Davis-Berman house. That scored us a cellist and violinist to play at the ceremony. We also lucked out with Ben's close relationship to his former colleague from the church, Pam. I love her and her husband and am thrilled that she will marry us. The reception will be tented back at the house with round tables to seat 8. I'm thinking of red tablecloths topped with red and white checked cloths to keep the outdoor bbq feeling with something like potted geraniums on the tables with citronella candles. We're having a catered clambake cause it is Maine in the summer. A DJ will play background music and have karaoke for those who want to embarrass themselves after dinner. I'm hoping for a rendition of 'I Like Big Butts' from Nato. We could even pull tables back if people want to dance.
My only concern is if we need a bigger tent and whether it will fit. The DJ needs to be under cover and if we use all the tables for guests the tent will be full. When we are up in Maine in May we'll have to really measure the space and maybe get another smaller tent to have off to the side in the yard.
So, that's how it goes. Hopefully I can get the invites to proof stage this weekend and get them in hand in the next two weeks so they can go out in the mail. I'm totally curious to see how many people will end up coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment