I'll write about it. Yesterday was a baaaaad day. Early on in my pregnancy I had some days where I was nauseous from morn til night and lemme tell ya, it was ugly. Nothing like a day like that to put you in a poor frame of mind.
Sunday and Monday of this week I was nausea free and thought I was on the road to the happy land of second trimester where energy is rumored to return and days and nights pass with nary a backup of saliva into the mouth.
But then there was Tuesday. I got through breakfast fine. 9 am rolled around and I started to feel a bit off. Okay, no biggie, I thought, it'll pass soon. Around 11am the crushing fatigue struck. It felt like my arms were filled with lead and moving anywhere took a major effort. At 2:30 in the afternoon I felt desperate to curl up in a ball and moan. My entire digestive tract felt like it was on strike and no one was sure what end to move towards, but the general consensus was up and out (thought it never does come out, it just lingers in my stomach, roiling around). I struggled to keep my eyes open and stay upright.
No question yesterday was probably one of the worst days of my being a teacher that I've ever experienced. I hustled kids in and out the door, made few comments about their singing and just all around sucked. I couldn't do anything any better no matter how much I wanted to.
After a day of feeling that way, going home to realize all the wedding things needing to be done just about pushed me over the edge. I made some tea and called my mom to announce I was having tea and would also like some sympathy and the woman nicely listened to me for about an hour while I managed to work through every possible thing that could be an issue from now til next December. Lord, I can go there when I want...eeesh.
For everyone's sake it was good that I was asleep on the couch by around 9 and crawled off to bed not to emerge for good until 6:30 this morning. I think I got up 2 or 3 times to pee, but I fell back to sleep each time.
Today, so far so good. If I've made it this far past lunch with feeling fine, the rest of the day bodes well. P.H.E.W.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment