...okay, so I'm not, but you know the song, right? C'mon, hum along, but change hooker to Chiropractor. I'm in love with a chiro...had my second appointment this morning. The appointment amounted to a gentle massage and some cracking of spinal joints and I feel soooo relaxed now.
For 20 minutes, he had me lie on my front while he massaged my back (spinal erectors and rhomboids for you anatomy nuts out there..oh, wait, that's me...) and did electrostimulation of my gluteus medius to relax it. Then he adjusted my sacrum by propping me up on blocks and dropping the table while pressing on the sacrum. Then, while I lay on my back he had me cross my arms over a rolled up towel on my chest and he reached around to hold my lower thoracic spine and pressed down... Crrrraaacckkk, a whole buncha vertebrae moved. It was cool.
Thus far he is evaluating to see how much of the adjustments my body can retain before he prescribes any strengthening exercises. I'm ok'd to swim and walk which is great too. I've worked out 4 times this week and am sleeping so much better which is nice.
My hips feel a little wonky and I think I should go for a little walk so I don't stiffen up too much, but overall it is nice to feel hopeful that my knee and hip and back might begin to feel a little better.
I'm in love with a chiro...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment