Monday, November 17, 2008

A fun and funny weekend

The highlight of this past weekend was definitely going to the BSO with Ben, courtesy of Ben's mom's tickets as a trustee. There was even a fancy pants reception and dinner before hand that we got to crash. So we were younger than everyone else there by about 30 years and I stuck out in my red dress, but, armed with glasses of wine we made nice with the old ladies and met some very interesting people. Our seats were phenomenal, the music fantabulous and the champagne reception at intermission, icing on the cake.

As this was date #3 we forged into the territory of families. He has 2 siblings and his older sister is a novelist. Of TRASH!!! I already love this woman. Yesterday I hoofed it to a bookstore to get one of her books. The title is "Sex and the Immortal Bad Boy". I laughed all the way to the register and hadn't even read a page yet. The general plot is that the main character worked briefly for Satan and then got out of it but was cursed and is going to lose her soul. Enter Jed, the tall, dark and handsome shadow warrior who not only is going to save her, but he also savor's her, if you get my drift.

I'd like to quote a passage to you, dear readers:

"They landed in Satan's bedroom, where Satan was sitting on his bed, wearing gold silk pajamas and thick glasses. He was reading a book titled Too Many Women, Not Enough Beds: Why you should forget about 'The One' and move on. He had Dirty Dancing playing on his plasma television and a stack of romance novels on the floor by his fireplace, several of which were already burning in the flames. And he was wearing a LOVE SUCKS button on his left lapel and SEX ROCKS one on his right." P 214

I called Ben last night to ask more questions about his sister. Because, honestly, who comes up with this stuff? I mean it is funny, but a lil' out there! Knowing what I know of him, I'm guessing the whole family has this same active imagination. I asked him if his mom reads his sister's books. "Of Course," was his reply. I'm guessing he hasn't read any, because I'm thinking reading explicit sex scenes written by your sister might kinda skeeve a guy out.

Needless to say there were some funny looks aimed my way when I pulled the book out to read on my way to work this morning!

No comments: