According to the latest celebrity news on boston.com Clay Aiken's fan's are shocked with his gayness. Seriously? They didn't know? Again, I will express that I find person's sexual preference to be a non-news item (yet, here I am writing about it...hmmm). And, apparently, I totally missed the boat on this man's celebrity status and that is worth some commentary.
And I quote from the article: "This is really shocking news as I had no idea he was gay," read a comment posted by "Sheridansq." "And now I have to deal with this. I am not sure what to say to people who know I was a fan. ... I didn't go to work today and am not answering the telephone."
Woah. Where to begin with that quote? She had no idea and had to stay home and not answer the phone because of it. Was she thinking he would someday ride up on his white pony and whisk her away to Neverneverland to get married (or maybe just MJ's Neverland?)? Or is she suddenly getting that guilt by association fear for being a fan of someone who turned out to be gay?
Either way, she'll get over it.
However, let's get to Clay Aiken's FanSite on the web. Oh. Dear. Jesus. You can pay $29.99 to join the Ultimate Fan Club and get the Clay Aiken Tote bag, Button and Lip Balm. Huh??? There is also a STORE where you can buy Clay related materials. I for one, would like to say that if anyone gets me the "Snuggle up with Clay" fleece blanket, I just might be ready to hang it up.
What are the demographics of his fans? Are Claymates prepared to make him the Hugh Hefner of bad pop music?
Eesh, I think I need a drink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
seriously this girl can't go to work b/c of the shock and shame of someone being gay. get over it! love that you've changed spots!!
Post a Comment